Since the country’s inception, Pakistan has faced several economic crisis situations which has eventually led the country towards a path of a darker future where the country’s energy mix has not been able to fully provide for the demand of its rapidly increasing population. This coupled with ever increasing oil prices in the international market and the increasing GDP growth percentage in the region, the situation is only to become worse.
Predicting the dire need for alternate energy resources, a new trend have sprout recently to meet the country’s energy demands through renewable energy resources such as wind and solar energy which has, in effect, attracted many companies, both local and international, to invest in contributing to the energy mix of Pakistan.
However beneficial wind generation can be, the world still lacks the proper technology to implement wind generation on a commercial or residential level so the world is automatically siding to choosing solar energy generation as the single most efficient alternate energy resource.
Before hoping on to the facts, let’s see a few energy trends of the country.
According to the report by World Bank, figure. 1 shows Pakistan’s hydel power generation contribution has drastically dropped down from 60% of the total mix in 1978 to barely 30% as of 2017.
According to WAPDA, AEDB, PAEC and NEPRA sources, figure. 2 shows the comparison between the capital cost incurred (in Billions) and the generation capacity (in Mega-Watts) of different power plants running on different energy sources. By this comparison, it can easily be deduced that Solar Energy is the only viable domesticable alternate energy resource that has least initial installation cost to highest generation capacity.
There are numerous other benefits for opting solar energy in Pakistan as your primary source of energy and the reasons to this switch are arguably very legitimate considering the ever-growing energy needs of the country. The following are a few to begin with:
- Pakistan, one of the only few places with highest solar insulation on Earth, which means that we can take maximum advantage from solar renewable energy i.e. up to 200 W/m2 of solar radiation in majority of areas, excluding some places in the extreme north and coastal regions.
- Daytime on average is about 10 hours a day with an average solar radiation intensity ranging from 1500W/m2 per day to 2750W/m2 per day. This makes solar panels highly suitable as an energy alternative.
- Unlike geo-thermal or hydel power, solar energy is also the only form of renewable energy that does not require heavy investments and can be setup in the shortest time span.
- Solar products are cheaper owing to waiver of the 17% GST and imposition of five percent customs duty on the import of solar panel components and systems.
Why Premier Energy Pvt. Ltd?
Premier Energy, a part of Premier Group UK is an alternative energy solutions providing company with a vast network spread across United Kingdom, Hong Kong, China, Dubai and Pakistan and headquarters in Glasgow, Scotland UK. With Solar Energy, LED Lighting, Wind Energy and Bio-Gas as the areas of expertise; Premier provides international standard energy solutions to corporate and domestic clients in Europe as well as in Pakistan.
Premier’s core values of keeping their customers first, believing in no compromise over integrity and a strong project portfolio is what distinguishes us from others in the market. Therefore, in a very short span of time Premier Energy has established itself into a credible and strong organization.
Figure. 3 below is a 21 Point Formula on why you should choose a Premier Solar Turnkey Solution over any other in the market:
Furthermore, the company’s dedicated team, state of the art products & services and the effort for continuous growth and innovation has enabled Premier Energy to become one of the fastest growing renewable energy companies of Pakistan.
- Illuminating lives program – for educational institutes under which the company will be providing solar solutions and LED Energy Efficient lighting systems to 198 schools across Pakistan.
- Empowering the Industries Program – under which the company has targeted the industrial sector, converting their entire operations on solar through the installation of Grid- Tied Systems
- Improving the Living Standard Program – under which the company has targeted Housing Authorities, individual owners and small businesses entitling them to hassle free, energy efficient and cost effective solutions.
We Look forward to see you!
As part of our Green Brigade CSR Initiative and the sustainable energy programs, we take a step forward in inviting all our readers to our office so we can provide you with the optimum and cost-effective solar solution tailored especially to your customized needs. We are a one window solution provider and available for any guidance required. Join us in illuminating lives through renewable energy.